Take a look at the many benefits that members of the APA receive.
- Exchange information with leaders in the field with conferences, meetings, telecons, workshops and members-only forums allow members to exchange ideas.
- Speak with a unified voice and be recognised as a single point of contact for stakeholders in digital preservation.
- First look at briefing documents produced by the APA
- Advanced notice and first chance of reserving free places at APA conferences and workshops.
- The APA has a good track record of successful bids. APA members have first refusal at membership of the bid consortia
- Members not in the APARSEN consortium can contact the APA Director to see how they can take part in these discussions and ensure their views contribute to the creation of the research agenda.
- From early 2012 the initial release of the preservation services will be available and members will be able to discuss with the APA office how these services can be tailored to suit their needs and to see how to fit the services into their data preservation requirements.
- Members will be entitled to ask the APA Director for advice about how best to prepare for audit and certification of their repositories.