Economically-sustainable digital preservation requires:
- Recognition of the benefits of digital preservation on the part of key decision-makers
- Incentives for decision-makers to act in the public interest
- Processes for selecting digital materials for long-term preservation
- Mechanisms to secure an ongoing, efficient allocation of resources to digital preservation activities
- Appropriate governance of digital preservation activities
APARSEN will produce a Business Preparedness Report which will reveal the level of preparedness by country for permanent access to digital materials and will show which of the four stakeholder groups are ready for promoting, supporting and undertaking economically-sustainable digital preservation.
Exemplar Business Cases will be produced for each stakeholder group which will enable them to be more involved and to improve their role in supporting as well as providing permanent access to Europe’s digital materials.